Established in Bergen County, NJ, the Julia Anne Kirsch Foundation’s mission is to improve the lives of children and adults with developmental disabilities. The Foundation looks to assist individuals with developmental disabilities and to help these individuals to lead the fullest life possible.
We help in a variety of ways. Support can take the form of grants to individuals. We also provide assistance to those organizations that have similar missions to the Foundation by helping support existing programs or by establishing new programs at such organizations.
WAYS WE HELP:
- Equipment Grants: Provide grants for specialized equipment to developmentally disabled individuals
- Basketball Clinic: Hold a series of basketball clinics each winter for special needs children
- Handicap Van Rental Grants: Provide grants for short term van rentals
- Information and Support: Established the Disability Resource Hub at William Paterson University. The Hub provides information to families regarding resources available to their family member. https://www.wpunj.edu/coe/disability-resource-hub/
- Project Able: A mentoring program for college and law school students who have a disability and are interested in pursuing a career in business or law.
- Healthy Cooking Classes: Provide sessions for adults with disabilities that focused on food preparation and making healthy eating choices
We offer these as general guidelines concerning the areas where the Foundation provides support. Those seeking additional information or assistance can fill out the form on the Contact Us page or send an email to Teri@JuliaKirschFoundation.org.