Learn about our work in the Disabled Community.
Established in Bergen County, NJ, the Julia Anne Kirsch Foundation’s mission is to improve the lives of the developmentally disabled and their families. The Foundation looks to raise funds to assist developmentally disabled individuals and to help these individuals to lead the fullest life possible.
We help in a variety of ways. Support can take the form of grants needed to help off-set the costs of medical equipment, ramps, and other equipment needed by disabled individuals. We also provide assistance to those organizations that have similar missions to the Foundation by helping to support existing programs or by establishing new programs at such organizations.
Some examples of how we have helped:
- Equipment Grants-provided specialized equipment to developmentally disabled individuals.
- Education: supported programs designed to help families navigate the system to obtain services and to protect their financial interests.
- Dance Program: Provided support to ballet program at a New Jersey school that services disabled children.
- Healthy Cooking Classes: Provided sessions for adults with disabilities that focused on food preparation and making healthy eating choices.
- Scholarship: Established a yearly scholarship at a New Jersey high school for a student who has strongly demonstrated an interest in pursuing college studies that will lead to a career in serving the disabled.
We offer these as general guidelines concerning the areas where the Foundation can provide support. Those seeking additional information or assistance can fill out the form on the Contact Us page or send an email to Teri@JuliaKirschFoundation.org.