Government & Nonprofit
State and Nonprofit Resources
The Department of Human Services:
- Provides numerous programs and services designed to give eligible individuals and families the help they need for economic and health challenges.
- NJ Department of Human Services
Commission For the Blind & Visually Impaired:
- Provides services in the areas of education, employment, independent living and eye health through informed choice and partnership with persons who are blind or visually impaired, their families and the community.
- NJ Human Services
Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services:
- Provides vocational training and job placement to individuals with disabilities.
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services
Division of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing:
- Provides information, support and training.
- NJ Human Services
NJ Family Care:
- A federal and state funded health insurance program created to help qualified New Jersey residents of any age access to affordable health insurance.
- NJ Family Care
Statewide Parent Advocacy Network:
- Provides resources and support concerning education and health needs of special needs children and young adults.
- Provides live assistance 24 hours a day, every day of the year. Connects residents to community programs and services that assist people in need.
Family Support Organizations:
- Family-run, county-based organizations that provide direct family-to-family peer support, education, advocacy and other services to family members of children with emotional and behavioral problems.
- Family Support
NJ Work Incentives Network Support:
- Assists individuals with disabilities to maintain their government benefits while working.
- NJ Support
Family Resource Network:
- Provides information and resources for individuals with I/DD. Autism Family Services of New Jersey and Epilepsy Services New Jersey are also part of the Family Resource Network.
- Family Resource Network
Autism New Jersey:
- Provides information, education and support to individuals and family members with autism.
- Autism NJ
The ARC Family Institute:
- Provides resources and education to help families access the appropriate supports and services for their family members with an intellectual and developmental disability (IDD).
ARC Planning for Adult Life:
- A program to assist individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities, ages 16-21 in the transition to adulthood.
- ARC Programs
Cape Resource Center:
- Part of Bergen County Special Services. Provides information, webinars and workshops geared towards parents of children under the age of 21 with special needs.
- Bergen County
- Provides information and support to individuals with ADD/ADHD and their families.
- Provides information and support for individuals and their families concerning dealing with epilepsy.
New Jersey Special Needs Connection:
- Provides information about special needs resources for children in New Jersey.
- NJ Special Needs Connection
National Down Syndrome Society
United Cerebral Palsy